When it comes to Easter those mini Cadbury easter eggs get us every time… However, this guilty pleasure leaves us craving more, a rather sore belly and acne. Most of us don’t thrive off gluten, dairy, and refined sugars, so we thought we would create chocolate easter eggs that the whole family can get involved in and devour.
We have found that some homemade Easter egg recipes can be really time-consuming and tricky to make (been there, done that), so we thought we would provide you with an easy yet decadent variation instead.
Learning how to make your own nourishing chocolate is much easier than you may think. Creating your own chocolate allows you to control exactly what you put in your body to prevent that sore belly and angry skin the next day. This chocolate recipe combines a dreamy blend of homemade roasted cashew butter that provides a smooth and creamy finish. If you are not a fan of cashews feel free to add roasted peanuts or almonds instead. Our Organic Superfood Latte Powders are an incredible addition to this recipe, not only for flavour, but also to up your antioxidants too. So let’s dive into the chocolatey goodness.
Roasted Cashew Butter and Cacao Easter Eggs
1/2 a cup of cacao butter
2 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao powder
3 tablespoons of rice malt syrup
2 tablespoons of almond butter
1 cup of dates, soaked in 1 cup boiling water
250g of roasted cashew nuts
2 tbsp coconut cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla powder
A good pinch of sea salt flakes
1 tsp hemp seeds to decorate (optional)
- To make the chocolate add the cacao butter to a small saucepan and stir until melted.
- Now add the cacao powder, almond butter and rice malt syrup, stir until the mixture combines nicely.
- Place the dates that were soaking in hot water in a high powered blender followed by the chocolate mixture in your saucepan. Blend for 30 seconds or until it forms a smooth consistency.
- Pour the chocolate into a medium-sized bowl. We like to use a rubber spatula here to scrape down the sides of the blender to get every last bit. Clean the blender now as you will need it again to make the cashew butter.
- Place the roasted cashews, sea salt, coconut cream, and vanilla into your blender and pulse until the mixture comes together. If your blender is struggling, try adding a little bit of water to help it get moving.
- Once the mixture forms a smooth paste, transfer it into the bowl with the chocolate and gently stir with a spoon.
- Place the mixture into the freezer for 30 minutes to allow the mixture to harden and become easier to work with.
- Once 30 minutes is up take the mixture out of the freezer. Use a teaspoon to scoop up the chocolate and roll it into a ball and place it onto a plate lined with baking paper. Continue this process until all the mixture has been used.
- Sprinkle your Easter eggs with hemp seeds if you wish or leave them just as they are. Place them back into the freezer for another 30 minutes to harden again.
- Before serving, take the easter eggs out of the freezer 10 minutes beforehand to allow them to thaw slightly.