There is nothing like putting your feet up and enjoying a refreshing beverage is there. If you are trying to cut down on your alcohol consumption this recipe will really hit the spot. However, if you are looking for a more conscious cocktail this blend with vodka/gin is divine if we say so ourselves.
Did you know that Gin is, in fact, one of the most ‘clean’ spirits? This information is not to provide you with the excuse to go crazy on gin, however, if you are looking for ways to clean up your drinking habits this can help you get started. We love to substitute every second drink with a non-alcoholic version and allow ourselves to have fun without any messy antics going down. Take a look at the recipe below for a super simple yet tasty beverage.
1L Sparkling water
1 Lime (zest & juice)
1 tsp local raw honey combined with 1 tbsp boiling water
Gin (if desired)
- Grab a glass jug out of our cupboard and fill it with the sparkling water
- Zest the lime and then begin to finely slice it into thin batons, place in the jug
- Slice the pineapple into small triangles and transfer them into the jug with the honey and hot water.
- Use a wooden spoon to give the jug a good stir
- If it’s ‘that’ kind of gathering, feel free to add 15ml of gin to each glass