Thinking of going the DIY juice fasting route? We get it! We make Sol Cleanse juices and elixirs in our kitchen ourselves, after all.
So what makes our cleanse programs so different to doing a DIY juice cleanse at home?
Check out how DIY juice fasting and Sol Cleanse programs can differ. And please feel free to leave us a comment or email us if you have anything you’d like to add to the conversation!
They say ‘fresh is best’ and that cannot be more on point when it comes to making nutrient-rich bevvies! But ‘fresh’ produce can actually be more difficult to come by than people may realise.
If you’re planning to make your own juices at home, consider where you source your produce. Will you be buying stock-standard from a major shopping centre? Or going local and organic?
Nasties such as fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides are widely used in conventional agriculture. Residues remain on (and sometimes in) the produce we consume.
Organic produce is fresher and cleaner. It doesn’t contain preservatives to make it last longer, and hasn’t been hit with hectic chemicals during the growing process.
Sol Cleanse produce is sourced from local, organic farmers so we can give you that fresh farm-to-juice-jar hit every time!
We’re friendly with our farmers and really do know how the produce in your juices has been grown, handled and delivered.
If you want to try juicing at home, we recommend visiting the farmers markets or ordering online whole foods, and sourcing that good organic stuff. This way you’re getting cleaner, fresher and healthier juices, which is important for the detoxifying process.
You can juice just about anything if you put your mind to it. But do you actually know if the combo you have chosen is ideal for your daily needs?
At Sol Cleanse our juice recipes and cleanse programs are naturopath approved. Each program has been carefully crafted to provide the ideal dietary vitamins and minerals required to sustain you throughout a 1 day, 3 day, or 5 day cleanse.
The Juicing Process
Got a blender or juicer at home? Well, that is a start darling. But did you know when you blend or use a juicer you’re actually changing the nutrient density and killing-off the live enzymes in your juice?
The culprit here is the heat. Blade speed produces heat, which breaks down enzymes and nutrients, causes oxidation and creates a less nutritional juice.
Sol Cleanse juices are cold-pressed…
“Cold-pressed juice has an abundance of nutrients that are easy for the body to assimilate.” Miriam ter Borg
By pressing the produce to extract the juice, you get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you consume it.
Stuff That Supports You When Juicing
Still to this day, publications will argue if juice fasting is healthy or not. And sure, juice fasting without proper guidance and the right tools could be bad for you.
Here are some of the cons to juicing pointed out by Harvard Health:
- Juicing removes fibre
- Excessive intake of juice may cause weight gain
- Juices don’t have protein
- Juicing can reduce the vitamin, mineral and antioxidant content
- Unpasteurised juices can potentially contain harmful bacteria
Here is how Sol Cleanse handles these concerns:
- To support fibre intake and gut health, psyllium husks and probiotics are provided, along with a guide on how to use them.
- Sol Cleanse programs include a gentle detoxifying tea, are limited to a strict number of days to cleanse for, and volume of juices / elixirs per day. Everything is balanced. In fact many cleansers report weight loss, not gain.
- We offer cleanse programs with added protein packs and recommend rest where possible to reduce muscle loss.
- Our juices are cold-pressed to sustain minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
- Our juices are made fresh with a 3 day shelf-life. For a 5 day cleanse, we send a second delivery of juices mid-cleanse to ensure the safety of our customers.
Yes ok, you might get better benefits from fruit and veg if you eat your ingredients raw – skin and all. But you’d be eating a lot to get even near the volume of produce packed into our cold-pressed juices. And where’s the fun in that?
All The Beautiful Bells & Whistles
What’s more, your Sol Cleanse program also includes loads of other goodies too!
When you cleanse with us you receive:
- Be Light Tea
- Reusable Metal tea infuser
- Reusable Metal straw and straw cleaner
- 6 x delicious organic elixirs per day
- Probiotics + psyllium husks
- Pre cleanse guide to prepare you + your environment
- Daily emails to coach you through your cleanse
- Daily guided meditations
- Daily mindfulness workbooks
- Complimentary guided movement classes
- A comprehensive post cleanse guide
- Online support from our trained healthcare professionals
In the End, It Comes Down to Time, Money & Mindset
Let’s say you plan out your juices and elixirs.
Firstly it takes more time than people realise just to source recipes and ingredients. Then you’ll need to pay for the large volume of organic goodies needed, the cold-pressed juicer and any other add ons you’re thinking of.
- Prepare ingredients
- Make your cold-pressed juice
- Cleaning up after juicing
- Repeat 5-6 times a day.
It’s no secret that cleanse-mode can be a little hard to adjust to. The added stress of clean-up, decline in relaxation time, and cost of the whole process when DIY’ing can actually be pretty overwhelming. Especially if you’re feeling hungry or a little agitated.
So why not spend your cleanse taking measures to remain relaxed and refreshed each day instead?
This is one of the main reasons why Sol Cleanse is such a beautiful cleanse option 🙏
Firstly, we provide delightfully yummy and fresh juices + supportive products in a beautiful home-delivered package.
Then we focus on keeping our cleansers in a positive mindset and relaxed state. Gently driving them toward their goals and encouraging them through the cleanse with gratifying words and mindful teachings.
Sound like the ideal cleanse journey for you? For more information on the benefits of juice cleansing with Sol Cleanse, click here.
Have a Question about Our Cleanse Programs?
([email protected] if you’re from Sydney) x
We deliver fresh Sol Cleanse juices and cleanse programs to Sydney, Wollongong, Gold Coast, Byron Bay, Brisbane and a handful of other areas. Click here to find out if we can deliver to you!