Approximately ½ C/75g of homemade vegan chocolate or a dark chocolate of your choice (the exact quantity will depend on the size of your moulds)
4 Tbsp cocoa butter (melted)
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
2 tsp maple syrup, or sweeten to taste (or alternative sweetener)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp coconut sugar
4 Tbsp chopped macadamias
½ tsp salt
You will need
- Silicone mini muffin moulds (or a similar mould).
- If not already melted, melt the homemade vegan chocolate or dark chocolate of your choice in a small saucepan on a low heat.
- Pour the chocolate into the mould so the bottom is covered a couple of mm. Put in the fridge to set.
- In a frying pan on a low heat put in the coconut oil and coconut sugar and stir until the coconut sugar has dissolved. Add in the macadamias and salt and stir until the macadamias are golden brown. Set aside on a paper towel to cool.
- Melt the cocoa butter in a small saucepan on a low heat then combine with the vanilla bean paste and maple syrup.
- When the nuts are cool remove the moulds with the chocolate in the bottom from the fridge. Sprinkle the nuts on top of the dark chocolate then cover the nuts with the cocoa butter/vanilla bean paste/maple syrup mix. Put back in the fridge to set.
- Remove from the mould and store in the fridge in an airtight container until you are ready to enjoy!