Approximately 1C/150g of homemade vegan chocolate or a dark chocolate of your choice (the exact quantity will depend on the size of your moulds)
1 Tbsp cashew butter
1 Tbsp cocoa butter (melted)
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
½ Tbsp cacao powder
½ tsp maple syrup, or sweeten to taste (or alternative sweetener)
3 drops orange essential oil (or the zest of 1 orange)
⅛ tsp chilli (optional)
You will need
- Moulds for your easter treats. Silicone moulds are easiest and can be found at most supermarkets, K-mart, Big W or similar. If you can’t find easter egg moulds you can use an ice tray or silicone mini muffin moulds.
- If not already melted, melt the homemade vegan chocolate or dark chocolate of your choice in a small saucepan on a low heat.
- Pour the chocolate into the mould so the bottom is just covered. Put in the fridge to set.
- Melt the cocoa butter in a small saucepan on a low heat then combine with the rest of the ingredients to make a paste. Put the paste into the fridge for a few minutes until it is a soft texture that is moldable and keeps its shape.
- Remove the moulds with the chocolate in the bottom from the fridge. Take a pinch of the paste and roll into small balls. Place them on top of the chocolate in the moulds, making sure they are almost filling the mould, but aren’t touching the edge, and the top of the balls is lower than the top of the mould to leave room for chocolate to cover them.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the balls, so the mould is filled up and the ball is completely covered. Put back in the fridge to set.
- Remove the easter treats from the mould and store in the fridge in an airtight container until you are ready to enjoy!