1 x 500ml Tub of CoYo Organic Dairy Free Ice cream (or similar)
1 ½ C dates
1 C cashews
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
Cacao Ice Magic
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
¼ C Sol Cleanse Cacao Superfood Latte Powder (or a cacao powder of your choice)
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
You Will Also Need
- Circular cookie cutter approx 5-6cm diameter
- Ice cream scoop
- Your choice of toppings to sprinkle on top such as crushed nuts, shredded coconut, cacao nibs, or freeze dried davidsons plum powder (optional).
- Blitz all the Base ingredients in a food processor until they are small enough that when you squeeze the mixture in your hand it sticks together.
- Firmly squeeze all the mixture into a big ball then press it onto a flat surface and roll it out with a rolling pin (or press it down evenly) until it is about 1 cm thick.
- Cut out circles using the cookie cutter and place the circle on a tray lined with baking paper (it should make around 10) then put into the fridge.
- Mix together all the Cacao Ice Magic ingredients. If the coconut oil is hard you will need to gently warm it so it liquifies (you can simply put it in a bowl and set the bowl in a bigger bowl filled with warm water).
- Prepare your toppings if you are choosing to use them and set up a work space with the circle bases, ice magic and toppings ready to go (it’s a good idea to get everything ready because you are going to have to work quickly to prevent the ice cream from melting!)
- Bring out your ice cream from the freezer and using the scoop place a “scoop sized” ice cream ball on top of each of the bases.
- Pour a drizzle of the Cacao Ice Magic mix over the ice cream balls adding the toppings as you go (the Cacao Ice Magic will harden quickly so the toppings won’t stick if you leave them until the end).
- Put the tray of Choc Top Ice Cream Bites back into the freezer for an hour or so to allow the ice cream to harden.
- When you’re ready serve and enjoy quickly so the ice cream doesn’t melt!